Happy 4th of July to all my fellow Americans! We hope that you have a fabulous weekend celebrating and don’t forget to stay safe!! Thank you to all the men and women that have served or are currently serving. You make our country better! Another big thank you to the families of the men and women that fight for our freedom, the sacrifices you make do not go unnoticed!
This nail art look was a little difficult mainly because it would just not dry. I wasn’t able to get any good pictures after I cleaned it all up because it just kept smudging! 😦 I wish I knew why because I even used a quick dry top coat. Oh well, there’s always next time!!!
Here’s how I created this look-
- I started out by applying a base coat.
- I then used L.A. Colors in Navy for my pinky and thumbs. (2 coats were needed)
- On my pointer finger I applied 2 coats of L.A. Colors in Red Alert
- My middle and ring fingers got 2 coats of Sally Hansen’s Hard to Get (white).
- I then poured out some of the Red Alert and Navy and used my dotting tool to apply the red and blue polka dots over the white.
- My ring ringers got a coat of red glitter by Kiss Galaxy Effects. I used a small sponge which is what created the giant mess. Next time I will just apply it directly with the brush! (Yup, learning more and more as I go!)
- The next step was to apply a quick dry top coat by Sally Hansen. (Apparently it didn’t want to work!!)
- The last step was to clean it all up which just didn’t work because none of the polish wanted to dry!! (wondering if that has something to do with the temperature, it was extremely hot here!)
Here are is a picture of the beginning process.
Overall I really liked this look but unfortunately it was just not meant to be! Have you had something similar happen to you while you were creating your own masterpiece? Let me know in the comments!